Friday, April 17, 2009

In Sickness and in Health

On Sunday night, April 5th, i started to feel a little yucky and that quickly snowballed into sick as a dog, fever, chills, body aches and pains, coughing, stuffy, headache, and overall thinking i just might die! I work a split shift, 7 to 10 and then 2 to 5 and when my alarm woke up i thought, "you can do it... its only 3 hrs.... just try really hard" i could even put my pants on! I called in and went upstairs to a spare bedroom to pass out.
I had no idea what was wrong with me but i knew i didn't like it and wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy! I had Jason drive me to the dr in the afternoon. On the ride there i had a washcloth over my eyes cuz the sun hurt them and i laid back the whole way. The Dr said i had a sinus infection, which i don't recall ever having one of them before. She gave me some antiboitics and i went back home to bed. I slept about 20hrs a day, not exaggerating at all.
Night time sucked the worse, snot would drain into my stomach and i would wake up and puke into the trash can or bowl next to me cuz the snot made me sick to my stomach. I was sick for 3 days and on the 3rd day i went back to the Dr to say "wtf is wrong with me!? Why am i still sick!?" I told the Dr that i would rather give birth than feel that way for 3 days like that ever again! She asked me if i was against a shot and i told her "at this point i would let you cut off my arm if you told me it would make me feel better!" She had the MA give me a shot of something in my butt and the messed up part was an hour later i started to feel human again! I don't really know why they didn't give me the shot on Monday so i wouldn't have had to suffer for three days and miss all that work, but i guess they must have had their reasons!
While i was sick i slept in the spare room a lot and sometime i would sleep on the couch. When i was awake i watched t.v, which i NEVER watch t.v. I watched Will and Grace reruns and a lot of TLC including a few baby stories, medical mystery stuff, and some FREAKY show about that family with 18 and counting kids. INSANE!!
Jason took such good care of me, getting me drinks and medicine and anything i needed. I never thought it was possible for me to love him more, but this illness made me realize how much i love him! In sickness and in health, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment