Thursday, March 26, 2009

I feel GREAT!!!

I have embarked on a journey of better health, physical strength, and inner mental harmony! I checked out the book "Body for Life for Women" By Dr. Pamela Peeke. I am only halfway thru and I feel like it is already changing my life!!
I have been working out for the past few weeks, even before I got the book. Rosalee and I have been going to the gym. I went swimming at the Grand Ledge High School pool with rebecca and Arielle and my kids last Wednesday and we had an awesome time "working out" in the pool together while the kids played. Last Saturday Jason and Mary and my kids went swimming there also and that was fun. We had a few nice days last week and Jason and I took the kids to the Wacousta playground and there is a nice long path with a lot of hills and Jason and I walked for about an hour while the kids played. We were always within eyesight of the kids and we got a nice workout in and had good talks too. Tuesday and Wednesday I worked out with Rose and I am SOOOO proud of myself!!! FirstI walked on the treadmill for 25 min then I did some weight training things then I went on the eliptical for A HALF AN HOUR!!! I was SOOO impressed!!! The first time I ever set foot on an eliptical I could not go for more that THIRTY SECONDS!!! Now I am going for a half an hour!!! I am so geeked!!
So yesterday was Wednesday March 25th and we did go to the gym on my break but after work I took the girls to open swim and I got a SUPER GOOD workout!! The girls had a lot of fun and Melana and Jacob and Zach and Elizabeth were there too. It was a lot of fun!!
Last night I was laying in bed and jason was holding me and He felt my arm and he said, "Oh my gosh!! It feels more muscular!" So I pulled up my sleeve and flexed my arm and by God, it DID feel more muscular!! I am on my way to a new life with better health!!
I got a pedometer on Monday and I took only 8,000 steps on Monday but On my break I went home and took a nap with Jason so that is my excuse for that!! On Tuesday I took 15,000 steps!! Wednesday was 13,000 (but its not like I could wear it while I was in the pool for 2 hrs!) When I am at work I pace the hallway when there are no patients. I am on a mission here!!
When I am at the gym on the treadmill I repeat a little mantra that goes a little something like "I am so happy now that I am thin, healthy, and fit." And I feel great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment